Thursday, April 4, 2013

Do you get the message?

 "The two most important days of your life are the day you are born... and the day you find out why." ~Mark Twain

I came across this post on Facebook early this morning and it really resonated with me.  I shared it.  Apparently, it resonates with others, too.  So I ask you, have you found out why you were born yet?  Do you think you know?  Do you have no idea?  Have you ever looked at the things that have happened in your life and wondered why?  Was there a lesson in all of it and was it your lesson or someone else's you were a part of?  Both?

I've been pondering this all day. Why am I here?  What is my purpose in THIS lifetime?  Is there such a thing as karma?  Because if there is, I must have done some seriously nasty stuff last time around to warrant some of the experiences I've had this time.  Or did I?  Am I here to learn or to teach?  Both?  Neither?

Then, this afternoon, this lovely pearl of wisdom pops up in my Facebook feed.  "Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and to give your whole heart and soul to it" ~ Buddha

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

I think I know what my purpose is.  The thing is, I can't help put wonder why.  Why me?  Then, if I listen to that little voice inside, I know the answer to that, too.

I could wallow in the misery I've encountered in life.  Not the least of which is the death of a child, and a contentious divorce with numerous losses of friends as collateral damage.  There are other challenges, of course, that many of us have.  People often say it's unfair.  That I'm strong.  That it's not my fault.

What if it is fair (in a spiritual, karma balancing, life purpose way)?  What if it IS my fault, but not in a bad way, and instead, in a exactly the way it was supposed to happen way?  What if what I always say is true?  It's not about strength, it's about love.  It's always about love.

There are some wonderful things in life, too.  My friends, my family, the amazing people I've met along the way, especially in my work as a PT and in my pursuits of spiritual and metaphysical growth.  The greatest gifts, of course, are my children and the love of my life.  I am blessed with health, a good job, shelter, food, and love.  What more could one want for?  The cat is now standing on the desk staring at me as if to remind me I am also blessed with two fur babies.

The thing is, it is in those very tragic and challenging circumstances, as well as in the amazingly wonderful ones, that the answer lies.  Meggie's death.  My divorce and the reasons that led to it.  The challenges of my ADD teenage son.  The sensitivity of Meghan's twin. The unconditional love and support of my current husband.  Every single one of those critical events in my life have led me not only to where I am, but to who I am supposed to be.  I couldn't have done it without any of them.

Had it not been for those things, I would not have learned the very important life lessons I have.  I would not have the insight, confidence or awareness that I do now.  I would not be as in tune to my intuition, my higher self and the energy of those around me.  I would not have found the *real* Kimberly.

So, what is my life purpose?  What do you think?  I'm curious what you'd say.  Before you read further, stop and ponder that.  Maybe you have known me for a long time.  Maybe this is the first encounter you've had with me.  What's your 'read'?  Feel free to share it in the comments below.

What do I think my life purpose is?  I know what it is.  At least in part.  It is to share what I've learned.  It is to teach.  It is about Meghan's hope.  To speak it, write it and share it.  It goes beyond the safety piece, and into the spiritual journey her death and all that happened before and since has led me on.  It is to share how I have managed the tragedy of her loss not only for myself, but for my family, and turned it into something for the greater good.  It is to save lives, through Meghan's legacy. It is to comfort others who have had similar losses and give them hope for the future.  It is to share love and light.  It is manifesting beautifully now in writing, social media, and speaking opportunities and through the classes I offer.  The Universe is screaming the time is now.

I just need to find the confidence to commit to the *big* piece of it... the part where I devote my whole heart and soul to it.  If only I could...OK, I know I can, the problem is I have real worldly responsibilities like a house, a job and kids to raise.  The Universe says it will provide.  Must.  Learn.  Trust.  Let go and let (spirit) lead the way. Time to manifest abundance!

There are two lessons I am working very hard on right now that are related.  They are the most difficult lessons to integrate.  I *know* what I must do but it is really, really difficult.  I know they are necessary to move forward.

I get the message.  Sometimes getting the message and doing what it tells you to are two different things.

Thankfully, life is a journey.  Steps along a path.  I see where the path is leading.  How fast I get there is up to me.  The thing is, I am feeling the need to run for the first time.  Literally and figuratively.

I'm listening, Universe.  Keep it coming.

What is your life purpose?  Are you getting the message?  Are you listening to it?


No comments:

Post a Comment