Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A to Z Challengge: M is for Manifestation

Manifestation.  It's my new favorite word.  As a verb, it means simply to make evident.  I recently just had what I called my first 'manifestcation'!

Manifestation is closely associated the power of intention and the law of attraction.  The guru on the power of intention is Wayne Dyer.  He has authored many books about the topic and speaks all over the world.  His words sound so simple and are yet so powerful.  One of my all time favorite quotes is from him.  "Our intention creates our reality."  He had a show on PBS about the power of intention. You can find it here on YouTube, along with many other videos of his presentations and others like it.

As humans, we often forget we have the power to change our lives.  In fact, we are the only ones who can.  We tend to blame circumstances or other people for the things in our lives we don't like or are not happy with.  We tend to allow ourselves to be a victim.

I believe this is largely because we don't want to accept responsibility for our mistakes and show our 'faults'. We fail to realize life is about growth and change.  Every situation in our lives is an opportunity to grow and change for the betterment of ourselves and those around us.  How we choose to react to that situation is entirely up to us.  We control our own destiny.

Let me say that again.  We control our own destiny.

It's not anyone else's 'fault' if we are unhappy or 'unfortunate'.  It is not anyone else's responsibility to give us the life we desire.  It's our job to manifest it for ourselves.  To surround ourselves with the positive energy to bring about the situation and change we want.  We, and only we, have the power to bring about all we need and want in life.

We don't have to be angry.  We don't have to stay in a job we don't like or a relationship that is detrimental to our well-being.  We don't have to be friends with that negative person who sucks the energy out of you.  We don't need to make everything we say and do or post about the negative in our lives.

Like attracts like.  This means love and kindness attract love and kindness.  Negativity attracts more negativity.  Saying "I'll never find a better job or I'll never make more money" pretty much guarantees you won't.  Likewise, saying "I WILL find my dream job and I will make enough money to provide for my needs and wants" will attract that abundance into your life.  People don't get how powerful this is.

Like so many things in life, it's often easier said than done.  Especially when we're talking about human traits like feelings and financial abundance.  There are so many simple things you can do to manifest what you want in your life.  Start by making a list of what you want.  Write it as "I will..."  Be specific.  Be honest.  Dream big!  I will get x job.  I will meet my soul mate.  I will generate "x" income to meet my needs.  I will lose weight (I will weigh x in x months).  Get it?  It's not that hard.

Once you write it down, focus all of your energy on the positive results you WILL achieve.  Do not allow yourself to think, say or act in ways that would bring that negative energy back into the equation.  It can be a really hard shift for a lot of people.  You will notice how often you chose to frame things in a negative light rather than in a positive one.

Then, take action to manifest your dreams, wants and desires into your reality.  For me, it meant taking some classes, writing more often, including this blog, creating Web sites for the businesses I WILL grow and thrive on, creating marketing collaterals for those businesses, reading about subjects of interest to me, listening to what the Universe was telling me, following my intuition, incorporating aspects of Feng Shui and de-cluttering my home, my life and my mind and embracing my spirituality and 'coming out' with regard to it.

There is always work to be done.  It's a struggle to change habits, behavioral patterns and beliefs you may have had your entire life. The good news is, it's never to late!

I shall close with another quote by Wayne Dyer, "Within you is the divine capacity to manifest and attract all that you need or desire."

No comments:

Post a Comment