Monday, April 15, 2013

The A to Z challenge

It was recently suggested to me by a reader of this blog that I check out some sites and blogs dedicated to writing.  I heard the *ding!* in my head.  Yes.  Yes, I should do that.  Why haven't I done much of that?  Probably because time is my nemesis.  So many ideas, so little time.

So I did.  To the internet! I didn't get far.  I immediately stumbled upon a blog prompt called the A to Z challenge.  26 blog posts with the letters of the alphabet as inspiration.  Brilliant!  I love it.  It was supposed to start April 1st.  Since I can't turn back time (can you imagine the possibilities?!), today shall be "A" day.

Although I'm not often at a loss for words, I do struggle with what to actually write when blogging.  These prompts help to inspire creativity and thinking outside the box.  Determining what to write publicly versus what to keep in my private journal is sometimes a consideration.  Choosing what to write about and thinking about the audience for which I write is more of a genre specific challenge, but one that usually only comes with writing articles for specific publications.  Then there are the topics swimming in my head that need some time to grow and gel before I actually put fingers to keyboard and share them with you.

After a bit of contemplation and listening to my intuitive guidance, the 'assignment' for me is to take the A to Z challenge and make it specific to the metaphysical and spiritual pursuits I am so drawn to.  It will speak to where I am, where I've been and where I am going in my life.  I think it will be a learning experience not only for myself but for those who are drawn to read the entries.  Nothing is by accident.  Everything happens with reason and there is a message for each of us in what we choose or opt not to choose.

The fact I am SO strongly drawn to this challenge is a message for me.  I know not exactly why or where it will lead, but I do look forward to finding out.  I hope you will enjoy the journey with me.  I look forward to your thoughts and comments along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment